Many of us will happily spend around £30 on a high quality foundation. However, it is very difficult to make a foundation look it's best when it is sitting on top of skin that isn't well looked after. It won't look right over dry, flaking skin and a lot of the time can make it look worse. It is also wasted if your skin is so oily it ends up slipping after wearing it for only a couple of hours. Artists understand how important it is to have a good quality canvas to showcase their work in the best light, it is the same for makeup artistry.
Using good quality skincare containing only the best natural ingredients should be compulsory in your morning and evening routines. After sleeping, your skin is likely to be dehydrated after 8 hours of no water intake. It is also likely to feel greasy if you are prone to oily skin, or tight if you suffer from dry/flaky skin. Our ultimate aim is to balance out the skin's natural oils to avoid either of these problems, a good skincare routine, along with a healthy diet and lifestyle, can ensure we are keeping our skin in tip top condition.
1. Start by massaging the Vitalising Cleanser onto dry skin, then rinse off with warm water. With healing Active Manuka Honey, and Avocado Oil to moisturise and plump the skin, this creamy cleanser is excellent at soothing dry skin with its natural, gentle ingredients.
2. After patting the skin dry, smooth over Hydrating Toning Gel to restore the skins natural pH levels. Harakeke Flax Gel helps to soothe and calm, as well as hydrate and tone the skin.
3. Leave the toner to sink in for around 1 minute, then apply the Nourishing Day Cream. This rich moisturiser will draw moisture to the skin with Active Manuka Honey as well as fight free radicals that contribute towards ageing of the skin with Totata Extract - a powerful antioxidant.
1. Removing makeup before bed is probably the most crucial step in a good skincare routine. Traces of makeup will clog the pores when you are asleep and could cause breakouts and dull skin. The Gentle Makeup Remover will ensure every trace of makeup is gone before continuing with the rest of your cleansing routine.
2. Same as the morning routine, apply the Vitalising Cleanser, followed by the Hydrating Toning Gel to ensure skin is thoroughly cleansed and hydrated.
3. The skin repairs itself overnight, so a good quality night cream such as this Nourishing Night Cream will ensure you skin is restored overnight. This cream restores elastin and collagen levels in the skin so you wake up with firmer, plumper and softer skin.
1. Oily skin is caused by excess sebum that the skin produces. Balancing out the skin's natural sebum production will reduce the oiliness of the skin, therefore reducing the amount of blocked pores and blemishes. The last thing oily skin needs however, is to be dried out, as this will only cause the skin to produce more oil to overcompensate. Using a foaming cleanser like the Purifying Cleanser, which contains Kumerahou, will give the skin a good deep cleanse, without drying it out with synthetic chemicals such as Sodium Laurel Sulfate.
2. Next we need to add the hydration back into the skin with the Hydrating Toning Gel to keep skin soft, supple and give it a boost of hydration.
3. Moisturiser should never be skipped if you have oily skin. A light moisturiser would work best. The Balancing Day Lotion is a light and fast absorbing moisturiser that provides just enough moisture for oily skin without overdoing it. It is also an effective anti ager and helps to fight free radicals in the process!
2. Once skin is dry, smooth over the Hydrating Toning Gel and leave to sink in for 30 seconds.
3. To regenerate the skin overnight, and to wake up with skin that feels balanced and clear, apply the Balancing Night Gel and massage in well. This night gel is lightweight so will not overpower your skin with too much moisture. Harakeke Flax Gel will balance and rejuvenate your skin, whilst Bisabolol will soothe and calm.
For both skin types, it is also important to remember to exfoliate the skin every week. The Skin Revive Exfoliant can be used 3 times a week to loosen dirt and debris that accumulates on our skin every day. The natural micro beads gently exfoliate away dead skin cells to reveal fresher, brighter skin without damaging the skin with harsh scrubbing beads. This product also acts as a cleanser, so after all makeup is removed, massage this in with warm water and rinse off, then follow with toner and moisturiser.
Follow this routine for at least 6 weeks to see the difference in the overall condition of your skin. Your skin will be receiving all the nutrients and moisture it needs to remain healthy, smooth and plump, therefore creating the perfect base for applying your makeup!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Looking to Switch to Natural, Organic Beauty?
Sign up to our mailing list for 10% off your first order over £40*!