Every now and then I will come across a product that just seems to do it all. Those rare gems that somehow have the ability to multi-task, meaning you use a lot less product and therefore saving you a lot of money! Always a winner in my book.
The Compact Foundation by Couleur Caramel really is one of those gems. Part of my job as founder of Glow Organic, is to search far and wide to discover these magic products, and give them a good test run (yes, this is probably the best part of my job!) I will only offer products that I feel are going to enrich, benefit and nourish your skin. This foundation certainly does that...
If you are looking for a foundation that provides:
- A Natural Coverage - Meaning no cakeyness and no telltale signs that you are wearing foundation and feels weightless on the skin.
- A Semi-Matte Finish - Meaning it doesn't look completely matte which can look ageing on the skin, but it also isn't a dewy shiny finish which may not be suitable for oilier skin.
- A Buildable Coverage - Meaning you can add more layers to certain areas of the face that might need extra coverage, such as around the nose where most people are slightly red.
- A Creamy Texture - Meaning it is easy to use with fingers or a brush, it won't dry quickly so you have plenty of time to blend and make sure it looks seamless on the skin.
- 100% Natural Ingredients - Meaning it is very gentle on the skin, won't irritate sensitive skin, and is suitable for all skin types.
- Lots of Pigment - Meaning it can even be used a concealer! Apply with a synthetic flat brush to cover blemishes and dark circles too.
This is the foundation I find myself reaching for every day. It is so easy to use and comes in a stick format, so I just draw a line on my forehead, cheeks, down the nose and on the chin with it. Then I blend with a buffing brush all over and reapply on any areas that need extra coverage. For good skin days, that is all I will do! For bad skin days, I use a concealer brush to just cover up any blemishes with it, due to the highly pigmented formula, it covers redness and discolouration really well. I find the finish of this foundation means that a powder isn't always necessary, as it leaves a lovely healthy glow to the skin that isn't too shiny. For very oily skin, you might like to just dust a little powder on the t-zone to blot away shine. ZAO Makeup do a great translucent powder that would go perfectly.
The foundation comes in 5 colours. The photos above shows the colours from left to right - 11 Light Sandy Beige, 12 Light Beige, 13 Orange Beige, 14 Golden Beige, 15 Dark Beige. I use the shade 12 Light Beige in winter for my light, neutral toned skin, and 13 Orange Beige in summer when I have more of a golden tan. The shade 15 Dark Beige can also be used to contour on light to medium skin tones.
INGREDIENTS: Squalane - Decyl Olive Esters - Silica - Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax* - Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil* – Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter* - Squalene - Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Seed Oil* Ft - Tocopherol - Parfum (Fragrance) – Linalool [+/– May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) – Ci 77491(Red Iron Oxide) – Ci 77492(Yellow Iron Oxide) – Ci 77499 (Black Iron Oxide)]
* Ingredient sourced from Organic Farming
The ingredients are all from natural origin, with 20% from organic farming.
- Squalene - Found in olive oil and helps with dry skin, as well as being anti-carcinogenic.
- Decyl Olive Esters - Emulsifier derived from olive oil, helps the product smooth onto the skin easily.
- Silica - A mineral used to absorb excess oil.
- Carnauba Wax - Thickens the product and provides a smooth application.
- Sweet Almond Oil - Works as a great moisturiser and helps to prevent spots.
- Shea Butter - Soothing and healing on the skin.
- Baobab Seed Oil - Rich in antioxidants to help to fight free radical damage.
- Tocopherol - Also known as Vitamin E, which is rich in antioxidants and helps to fade scarring.
- Parfum (Fragrance) - Natural fragrance that is gentle on the skin.
- Linalool - Naturally occurring fragrance similar to bergamot or lavender.
- Colours - Natural occurring minerals to give the product its colour. Also known as clay earth pigments.